Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

A Hot Wheels Christmas
My 4 yr old grandson got too big for his 12" bike so, on Thanksgiving afternoon, we stopped by WM to check out the 16'rs! Jagger spied a Hot Wheels bike that he loved and I told him that he would have to ask Santa for it. Papa is a broke bicycle mechanic, you know. Wink
One thing led to another and I guess I went into my Second Childhood thang...
Wheelies don't pop themselves. (from a QBP fortune cookie)
Those dozen cars? That's the tip of the iceberg. By Christmas morning, Santa had accumalted 40 more for Jagger and 30 for Papa. I have even joined a Hot Wheels Collectors website and am getting an interesting Education - if you kids don't see me for a few days, that is why.
I may be at the Salvation Army Thrift Store digging through toys looking for Redline cars! Smile I may be at WM at 4 in the morning, trying to find Treasure Hunt cars that were pegged overnight. Do you think I've lost it?
This pic was taken very late and I had cookies and milk with Santa. He is actually a very cool dude and is well-versed in bicycle repair!
That is a good Santa! Smile
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
Santa brought him a HW Mega Loop Mayhem track-set that we spend many hours racing and crashing our cars...
PK. You should get one for yourself! It is AWESOME! Smile
C'mon, of course I had stuff like that. never had cell phones and video games. Have your fun! they grow up in a blink of an eye!
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
Jaggers fave monster truck is Grave Digger. Papa is old-school and a Bigfoot fan but, we agree that big wheels are way super cool. Santa brought him the HW Monster Jam 'Grave Digger Boneyard Bash', too.

He walks around the house singing "Bad To The Bone" by George T. "B B B B Bad, Bad to the bone." My grandson is too much like me and I fear for his future.
Yeh, its interesting how boys gravitate to cars . My grandson (5) got the same racing track. His father got him a helicopter that was really for the father, :-)

As per bicycle I was a bit disappointed they got him some kind of Lazor trike with tiny wheels in the back and pedals on front wheel. Your bike looks much better....
Never Give Up!!!
That's awesome Rob!! He looks very happy. "2nd childhood" huh? Hehehe don't worry its fun, get to be a kid again without any one complaining Wink. By the way nothing wrong with it at all, I did the same thing.
Adorable looking kid there bud.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
I really like the shirt! I have one very similar Smile
PK. I'm sure that you do! If only you were half as handsome. Smile
Bill - yes. It is true.
George - Did you know that Hot Wheels has an airplane in a bubble every year? This was the year of the Bat. Batman was a big seller but I could only find one of the Bat Bike in the wild. What I am really looking for is a Scooby Doo Mystery Machine van. Two of them would be sweet!
Here am I in my Batman hot wheels.
Never Give Up!!!
Punch It!
GEORGE get out of my daggon car right now!!! lol!
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Thx, guys, for all the kind words! We're still at it and I'm buying Treasure Hunt cars and putting them aside for him in the hopes that, when he's older, he'll want to collect these little $1 pieces of pleasure, too!

I mean, really, think about it. I know they are mass-produced in Asia but, look at the card itself. Some pretty nice artwork on heavy stock. And the cars; Very cool and detailed with nice paint and tampo. For One Dollar! WOW!

If anyone cares for a 'heads-up' on a very cool cycling-related item...
In the 2013 Hot Wheels release is a Ford F-150 pick-up with "Hot Wheels Cycling - Team Support Vehicle" on the tampo. How cool is That !!?? Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

12-28-2019, 06:17 AM
Last Post: hamspusko98

11-25-2019, 05:17 PM
Last Post: sethrollen5965