Bicycle TutorBicycle Tutor

Show off your bike!

Related video tutorials:
27 inch wheel problem
Hi recently purchased a set of araya 27 inch rims to upgrade my old commuter, i am very new to this whole bike repair thing so bear with me.
I purchased a sunrace 5 spd freewheel screw on and when i got it home the thread size was all wrong. Here is a picture of the connection on the hub and the freewheel, i would be very grateful on some advice, many thanks...

[attachment=3996]

[attachment=3997]
The "innerds" from the old freewheel are still there, that part from the 8 pointed star at the back to the brass threads at the front are the old freewheels guts. Someone couldn't get it off. That little silver arm in the middle is a pawl (the "ratchet") that drives the wheel & lets it coast.
(03-11-2013, 12:41 PM)1FJEF Wrote:  The "innerds" from the old freewheel are still there, that part from the 8 pointed star at the back to the brass threads at the front are the old freewheels guts. Someone couldn't get it off. That little silver arm in the middle is a pawl (the "ratchet") that drives the wheel & lets it coast.

Thank you very much for the detailed information. Now I can make the trip to the cycle shop with confidence and not look like a fool in person, thanks again...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problem with Free wheel JGH 1 5,508 10-28-2008, 05:43 PM
Last Post: DaveM