Bicycle TutorBicycle Tutor

Show off your bike!

Related video tutorials:
Cool tips anyone can use!
I have been part of the Biketutor gang long enough to know that we have some pretty slick people here. I wanted to start a forum for everybody to share a tip or trick or a little known secret that we all may be able to use that has to do with bicycles of course !
So I will start with one of my little tips on how to make your bike a truing stand on the fly, this works great for most any bike to keep your wheels in check for about the cost of a spoke wrench. A couple plastic spoons or popsickle sticks and a couple rubber bands.
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
Keep those screws and socket bolts looking sweet and rust free for a long time by applying lubricant to them with a cotton swab !
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
(05-18-2013, 01:34 AM)painkiller Wrote:  Keep those screws and socket bolts looking sweet and rust free for a long time by applying lubricant to them with a cotton swab !

Or I've found vaseline is very good in bolt heads to prevent rust.
I posted this on my Specialized Allez Epic Thread but thought it would be a nice tip for this thread too. How to deal with pesky light scuffs and scratches on your treasured steed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljOSp0MEC8c
Sick of a tight seatpost? do something about it! especially if you have new one and want o keep it that way. I did forget to mention in the video that the ball hone comes in different grits like sand paper does. I use the 80 and 120 grit, mostly the 120. If you start with the 80 grit always finish with the 120grit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sMvx7uKRdg
Know someone with a Honda Goldwing that does his own maintenance?
If so, see if he has any spare Spectro Full Synthetic Differential Gear Lube available...
The container contains more than one Differential fill-up...

It is translucent Pink in color, The lubrication qualities are excellent and far exceed what we'd need on our 'two wheels'.

I put the remaining in an old fashioned plunger oil can that I restored, marrying old technology with new.
Thanks for the tips. These will be handy.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Special Tools & Economics (Tips) Skyguy9999 6 7,061 09-20-2010, 02:22 AM
Last Post: Jordan300