Bicycle TutorBicycle Tutor

Show off your bike!

Related video tutorials:
Creaks and noises
I have a Columbus steel De Bernardi frame equipped with Veloce (including a Veloce Ultra-Torque crank set) components, Look Delta pedals (only used a couple years) and Concor steel railed saddle. A couple weeks ago I started getting an annoying creak which seems to be related to down strokes and which sounds loudest when I'm sitting. I've used my trusty torque wrench on my crank and have checked the tightness of my pedals and seat post. But, the noise after being somewhat diminished for a couple miles came back.

Any thoughts?
take the seat off and ride it to see if that changes the noise, if not swap pedals test ride again, if not. take out bottom bracket and clean the frame from loose particles and clean/lube the cups/bearings/spindle, test ride again. if not, remove chainrings, clean lube metal to metal surfaces and test again. only do one thing at a time and test ride each time. Lube your seat/tube/post.if not start to isolate the stem/bar/fork area in the same manner and the rest of the bike if that does not do it by then
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
(08-04-2013, 05:00 PM)painkiller Wrote:  take the seat off and ride it to see if that changes the noise, if not swap pedals test ride again, if not. take out bottom bracket and clean the frame from loose particles and clean/lube the cups/bearings/spindle, test ride again. if not, remove chainrings, clean lube metal to metal surfaces and test again. only do one thing at a time and test ride each time. Lube your seat/tube/post.if not start to isolate the stem/bar/fork area in the same manner and the rest of the bike if that does not do it by then

Sounds like a plan...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bike is making noises at the back gear falconx789 5 3,150 07-25-2014, 03:55 PM
Last Post: nfmisso
  Just another "bike making noises" thread Trollhunter 2 3,148 09-18-2013, 11:45 PM
Last Post: nfmisso
  Weird noises wd8984 6 3,359 03-02-2013, 05:55 PM
Last Post: wd8984
  Unfathomable Noises samshepherd 4 3,833 09-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Oldwarls