Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Just not seeing SunTour aRX problem
Greetings,

Couldn't find anything here or elsewhere, so here goes...

I'm not a handy guy... I was just changing my tire when my rear derailleur fell off. I tried reattaching it, but something got mixed up and the chain stays loose. From what I can see, the spring loaded part of the derailleur should be down with the tension pulling it toward the pedals. Somehow it got reversed, so when I pull it down, the chain is on the wrong side of the gears in the derailleur. Sorry if this doesn't make sense... hopefully the pictures explain.
[attachment=4751]
[attachment=4752]
[attachment=4753]

I do not have a chain tool, so I don't know how this happened, as the chain was never taken off. Any solutions on how to make it proper? I feel like an idiot for not seeing it, but I've been trying to crack this for a while and the bike is my main form of transportation.

Cheers
the RD was twisted around the chain when it fell off; it needs to be removed and twisted a complete revolution in the opposite direction.
Nigel
Thanks... that did the trick. I knew it was something like that... just needed a fresh set of eyes.. even tried rotating it on a different plane.

I just said the other day how I should start learning more about bicycle maintenance.... careful what you wish for!
(12-19-2013, 10:44 AM)DownsideUP Wrote:  Thanks... that did the trick. I knew it was something like that... just needed a fresh set of eyes.. even tried rotating it on a different plane.

I just said the other day how I should start learning more about bicycle maintenance.... careful what you wish for!

You are welcome.

Alex's videos are great for learning.
Nigel

Possibly Related Threads...