Bicycle TutorBicycle Tutor

Show off your bike!

Related video tutorials:
My wheels are busted. Some suggestions please.
Hello

My 26" wheels need replacing. They are standard bolt type ones. Ive seen some really nice wheels on Ebay that im interested in but they are skewer type ones. I have checked both wheels and the over locknut distance or hub spacing on both wheels is the same. Would these skewer type wheels fit my bike?

Thank you
probably.

why do you believe that your current wheels need replacing? Did a bus run over them? Short of that, more likely, they just need some minor maintenance.
Nigel
(01-02-2014, 04:59 PM)nfmisso Wrote:  probably.

why do you believe that your current wheels need replacing? Did a bus run over them? Short of that, more likely, they just need some minor maintenance.

Hello

Thank you for the reply. The front wheel is arched and has a big dent in it. Is there a possibility a skewer type wheel will not fit my bike seeing that my wheel is standard bolt type?
If your rear derailleur uses a hanger that goes under the rear right axle nut there is a very slight concern that the QR may not have enough bite left on the skewer threads to be safe but I think the extra 5mm required will be no problem.
I like bolted wheels, they are less interesting to thieves.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Swapping 27" wheels for 26" wheels. elmore leonard 2 2,876 07-20-2015, 10:43 PM
Last Post: elmore leonard
  Change track wheels to road wheels? bears 1 7,878 02-07-2011, 03:18 AM
Last Post: DaveM