Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

What is this hub?
This hub came with my Bianchi Dama Bianca Alu 7000 She 9speed (2010). It says Novatec on it but no model number.

[attachment=4964]

I want to change the cones but I don't know which ones to get. Anyone got any ideas?

Here are some more pictures:

[attachment=4965]

[attachment=4966]

[attachment=4967]

Thanks!
Did you not try Google at all ("novatec hub")? Novatec has a site, lots of other results. That hub has cartridge (sealed) bearings, which is why there is a set screw rather than cone and locknut. Procedure for remove/replace varies, usually can easily obtain correct bearings from a bearing supply company (spec is printed on bearing). I'd call Novatec for guidance on procedure (especially considering what happened with your brake caliper).

Additionally - you've already ruined a brake caliper that likely had no need at all for disassembly, now you want to replace the guts of a hub that looks pretty new. Unless you are feeling roughness leave it alone. Replacing and disassembling parts willy nilly will teach you little or nothing of general maintenance.
(03-21-2014, 02:29 PM)Karamazovs Wrote:  ......I want to change the cones but I don't know which ones to get. Anyone got any ideas?.....

It does not have cones.....

Why do you want to change something that it does not have?
Nigel
Tried Google and Novatec website but no info on my specific hub. It's not new, it's 3 years old.
Karamazovs; Why do you want to do what you want to do to the hub?

At most, the hub may require a minor pre-load adjustment; unless some one has been putting solvent in it; in which case replacement bearings are required.

My '80's vintage Suzue hubs with many thousands of miles on them have the original cartridge bearings, and are the smoothest and the ones with the least play of any of mine. I have not lubed them ever, they are one on the 3rd wheel build by me and have an unknown amount of miles before I purchased them about 4 years ago.
Nigel
Thanks, Nigel. I'm going to leave it alone!