Bicycle TutorBicycle Tutor

Show off your bike!

Noob from Harrogate
Hi all,

I'm Jamin from Harrogate. Came across the forum while browsing the net and seeing as I'm not very handy with the tool kit thought I'd sign up.

Trusty steeds are a Falcon Majorca (age unknown) running a mix of Shimano Tourney shifters and 105 rear derailleur. It's a 7 speed. It's also running on rather old 27" wheels but a 700c conversion is in the pipeline. Braking is courtesy of Shimano 105 calipers but they are to be replaced with a set of long reach calipers. Crankwise I'm running Sugino MP 170mm cranks with a 52/42 setup. Tbh, it's a little overgeared for me but that's going to get sorted.

My other bike is a 2013 Carrera Vanquish bought 2nd hand off fFleabay. Alloy frame and forks, Shimano Sora 18 speed drivetrain, Tektro brake calipers, compact crankset and Mavic CXP 22 wheels. Its a Halfords bike so ultimately for the £500 price tag you could get better but I didn't pay 500 for it and it's a defo upgrade on the Falcon.

Looking for help with technical queries about upgrades.