Bicycle TutorBicycle Tutor

Show off your bike!

Related video tutorials:
Losing weight
I'm a 6-ft male and will be turning 60 later this year and used to weigh 185lbs. Since taking up riding a year ago, I've lost 30lbs or so. Feel great and have nevery been as fit as now... but am somewhat annoyed by comments from family that I am too thin and I should put on more weight. I habe tried increasing my food consumption but to no effect. The alternative is to cut down on my riding which I tried for a while but that didn't last long as I missed riding too much.

Everything about my biking experience has been positive but I guess putting up with such comments is a small price to pay.
(09-01-2014, 12:25 AM)barney Wrote:  I'm a 6-ft male and will be turning 60 later this year and used to weigh 185lbs. Since taking up riding a year ago, I've lost 30lbs or so. Feel great and have nevery been as fit as now... but am somewhat annoyed by comments from family that I am too thin and I should put on more weight. I habe tried increasing my food consumption but to no effect. The alternative is to cut down on my riding which I tried for a while but that didn't last long as I missed riding too much.

Everything about my biking experience has been positive but I guess putting up with such comments is a small price to pay.
Jeez, tell them that's funny 'cause you're starting to look fat to me.
(09-01-2014, 02:58 AM)1FJEF Wrote:  
(09-01-2014, 12:25 AM)barney Wrote:  I'm a 6-ft male and will be turning 60 later this year and used to weigh 185lbs. Since taking up riding a year ago, I've lost 30lbs or so. Feel great and have nevery been as fit as now... but am somewhat annoyed by comments from family that I am too thin and I should put on more weight. I habe tried increasing my food consumption but to no effect. The alternative is to cut down on my riding which I tried for a while but that didn't last long as I missed riding too much.

Jeez, tell them that's funny 'cause you're starting to look fat to me.

LOL. Funny, though it‘s just my female relatives commenting.
They are jealous. Suggest that they join you riding.
Nigel
[quote='nfmisso' pid='33273' dateline='1409545627']
They are jealous. Suggest that they join you riding.
[/qureste]

I'm thinking females have a "maternal gene" and they instinctively want to fatten up skinny people. Another possibility-- it makes them feel better if there is someone plumper in the room..LOL..
Anyway, will follow what my body tells me and I think I'm pretty close to the right mix of biking, eating and resting so each new ride something I look forward to.