Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

I need the right fender set for my bike
(11-30-2014, 04:30 PM)painkiller Wrote:  Hell yea! thats what we do here. Always happy to try to guide people in the right direction.

thank you B i now am satisfied its all going to be ok after all and i thought that my fenders where not working, but now i have hope thanks to mr painkiller and friends? does that sound ok?
Now i see the light everything's gonna be alright
http://youtu.be/HYhRpbqe1Zg?list=RDNkwJ-g0iJ6w
(11-30-2014, 02:43 PM)guillenis41 Wrote:  .....i want fenders made of steel .....

Why??

I replace steel fenders with polycarbonate fenders.

You have a bike with an aluminum frame....
Nigel
(11-30-2014, 05:45 PM)nfmisso Wrote:  
(11-30-2014, 02:43 PM)guillenis41 Wrote:  .....i want fenders made of steel .....

Why??

I replace steel fenders with polycarbonate fenders.

You have a bike with an aluminum frame....
I think that todays new steel fenders are bit different and i believe that theirs the rite fender for my bike with finger crossed. Dont you think that somewhere out there the right fender is to be found?
hello
(11-30-2014, 07:46 PM)guillenis41 Wrote:  hello

it is all about the the way they have to be mounted. Most take some thought to install per type of bike as fenders for "after market" design only fall into certain groups or style of purpose. Bikes vary tremendously and if fender's are not in the design or sold with, then you are limited. The fender install on Nigels GT with the shock is very clean installation for that type of application.(basically same as yours). there is no other answer albeit custom made. you like it or you do not. the function and result is the same. They do what fender's are supposed to do. With the exception that a polymer fender is lighter, quieter, better looking for a longer time and ease of install than the metal one's you feel you need. Your fork has only one mounting point (That would be a retro quarter fender or today's enduro type). you bought and are looking at cruiser style full fender's that require mounting points built into a rigid frame and fork. Look at your fork, one hole at the arch support, none on the bottom rear of the leg. google bikes with fender's and click images to get some idea's of how various style bikes have them mounted and the style fender they are using.
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
(11-30-2014, 08:11 PM)painkiller Wrote:  

it is all about the the way they have to be mounted. Most take some thought to install per type of bike as fenders for "after market" design only fall into certain groups or style of purpose. Bikes vary tremendously and if fender's are not in the design or sold with, then you are limited. The fender install on Nigels GT with the shock is very clean installation for that type of application.(basically same as yours). there is no other answer albeit custom made. you like it or you do not. the function and result is the same. They do what fender's are supposed to do. With the exception that a polymer fender is lighter, quieter, better looking for a longer time and ease of install than the metal one's you feel you need. Your fork has only one mounting point (That would be a retro quarter fender or today's enduro type). you bought and are looking at cruiser style full fender's that require mounting points built into a rigid frame and fork. Look at your fork, one hole at the arch support, none on the bottom rear of the leg. google bikes with fender's and click images to get some idea's of how various style bikes have them mounted and the style fender they are using.

good idea im gonna look at google then address bar bikes with feders . right?
one moment please [:-)
(11-30-2014, 08:36 PM)guillenis41 Wrote:  
(11-30-2014, 08:11 PM)painkiller Wrote:  

good idea im gonna look at google then address bar bikes with feders . right?
one moment please [:-)
well so far so good some do look made for the road some real ideas when beginning to place dose fenders on the bike waiting for monday and just don't get here fast. http://youtu.be/sYi7uEvEEmk?list=RDNkwJ-g0iJ6w
[:-)
so at the end of it all nfmisso is absolutely right These would be MUCH better: http://www.amazon.com/Pyramid-MTB-Full-Fenders-Black/dp/B000AO5IVC/

and that is what i did i returned what i bought changed the fenders for the rite fit and since the shipper is the same it was a smooth ride goodnight [:-)

http://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ?list=RDNkwJ-g0iJ6w
i am Guillen... ♀♂☺↔☼♪♫♂͡♂♂♂♀☺☻░▒▓♥▲♂♀♫♪☼