Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Rear derailleur help
I took off my rear derailleur to clean my bike and i need help putting it back on. Its a shimano derailleur with the hook. And i have a diamondback mountian bike. If anyone can help it would be appreciated!! I dont remember exactly how it was attached to the frame

Thanx
Jay
Jay, we need close up pictures to be able to assist you.

Does your RD have a claw? or is there a hanger that is part of the frame?
Nigel
(01-02-2015, 06:30 PM)nfmisso Wrote:  Jay, we need close up pictures to be able to assist you.

Does your RD have a claw? or is there a hanger that is part of the frame?

I hope these help
thnx
you need the silver piece shown in my picture, and the bolt this slides in your dropout to align the derailleur
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
(01-03-2015, 12:17 AM)painkiller Wrote:  you need the silver piece shown in my picture, and the bolt this slides in your dropout to align the derailleur
you have a claw type RD.

and the screw that goes with it.

Where are you located? I have a few of them for projects.
Nigel
(01-03-2015, 01:14 AM)nfmisso Wrote:  
(01-03-2015, 12:17 AM)painkiller Wrote:  you need the silver piece shown in my picture, and the bolt this slides in your dropout to align the derailleur
you have a claw type RD.

and the screw that goes with it.

Where are you located? I have a few of them for projects.

San diego 92111

I have that piece but how does it hold the derailleur to the bike?
look at my picture, the silver piece should be turned 180 degrees from the picture. the radius fits the radius of your dropout. bolt head to the outside, radius part to the inside, slide it your dropout and clamp down. replace wheel. Your chain goes around your cogs, around the front on the top pulley, then around the back of bottom pulley to the bottom of the front rings. The little radius part has lip on it, this lip is what clamps it your drop out. here is web pic that may help. I cannot offer you any better pics as I do not have any of this type of equippement.
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"

Possibly Related Threads...