Bicycle TutorBicycle Tutor

Show off your bike!

Related video tutorials:
My Huffy Superia
I have a Huffy Superia and it is kind of messed up right now with the parts on it currently. Is there any way I can get good parts on it and make it a better bike? I know there's some people that find this bike kind of rip off but I love mine, I just need to put good parts on it. Here is a listing of the parts that are on it right now: For the thumb shifters they are Power (same as derailleur which is a Power Index System) a Power model front derailleur or chain guard whatever you call it, and 26 inch wheels. I don't know if the piece over the front crank is called the chain guard or front mount derailleur. And also if you can give me a list of parts that will be good on it. Thanks.
You'd save a lot of money and time if you just went to kmart and got a new huffy for $95..... The parts you are looking for would easily cost three times that. The wheels alone cost more.

Otherwise consider looking for a local bike co op / do it yourself and learn to work on your bike and get used parts............donate your bike to charity.

http://www.kmart.com/huffy-superia-26inch-men-s-mountain-bike/p-080W004255266001P
Never Give Up!!!
(01-21-2015, 03:02 AM)SpeedBikeNut32 Wrote:  ..... Is there any way I can get good parts on it and make it a better bike? .....
No. There is nothing on the bike worth salvaging, except possibly the inner tubes. It is not possible to make a decent bike starting with anything on it. Look for an 800 series Trek, Specialized Hardrock, Schwinn Sierra, or similar bike with no suspension as a starting point for your project. More desirable are 900 series Trek and Schwinn PDG.

My PDG 70 with fenders and rack weighs less than a Huffy Superia without wheels; and is stronger.
Nigel
Well I'm on a tight budget and I don't have enough money to get another Huffy. I want to keep the Superia one I got. Is it possible to clean or save the parts and still ride it?
In that case either find a co op with used parts, or just fix only whats not working, that you need to ride the bike. .
Never Give Up!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Huffy Bay Pointe 3 speed - Need help! Grebnaws 4 13,015 03-09-2010, 02:54 AM
Last Post: Bill