Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon

All the pics are gone now
I was looking through the old posts and all the pics are gone now. This thread seems to be dying a slow death . Not nearly as interesting as it was before imho. What other threads are people visiting?
"Where ever we go, there we are"
Look at it this way, New Orleans got trashed and is getting rebuilt. Alex did it once so he can do it again I suppose (with everybody's help). I have no idea of the time or money it takes for a basic site like this, but have always known nothing is for ever. I feel there was a lot of info lost in whatever the changes were. I had a lot of time in some of my post's too. I had to make a call and decided that it was pretty much out of my hands, so I decided to start fresh and am slowly deleting any of the threads I may have started. If for any reason to clean up the dead links or ones that were worthless without the pictures. This is the time of year that I get quite busy anyway and slaving over a hot keyboard isn't one of my highlights. Plenty of sites out there Elmore, just Google, depends on what you are looking for I guess. None really quite like this was for fairly quick responses and a more personal touch. It is what it is. who knows. I know it would be a shame to see you fade off in the cyber distance my friend, That is a fact!
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
I will be slowly (VERY SLOWLY) adding pictures back on some of my threads.  I got a photobucket account for this, have to upload the images I have, then put in the links.  So far I did my truing stand and my PDG 70.
Nigel
Yes photo posting got to be more complicated. We had a direct link here. Now we need an outside photo posting account. I guess its a cost saving measure. Will not be posting photos anytime soon.
Never Give Up!!!
I can still recover images on a per-thread basis. Basically when the code broke, each image uploaded was titled something like 4893453948758345.jpg and located in a series of folders. No way to tell which thread they are from.

However, I have the old database, so I can run a mysql query to find some of the missing images per thread. PM me any threads you'd like me to try and recover.

My sincerest apologies, thanks for understanding Smile