Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Alignment question
Amazing website!
Yesterday I overhauled and lubed my front wheel hubs and bearings. Then today I took it out for a ride and noticed when I take my hands off the handlebars it pretty drastically goes on its own to the left. prior to doing the overhaul it would go perfectly straight when taking my hands off. I am just curious what might cause this. I did try putting the wheel on the other way but same results. Thanks for any help.

<a HREF="http://bikeride.com/remove-install-wheels/">This might help some</a>. As far as your specific post goes, the key word for the video (at about :43) is "evenly", though IMO what is meant by that isn't clear in the video (I'll add a comment to that effect on that video).
If I had to guess, the wheel itself is not true with the fork. Try removing the wheel, and then slide it back in, making sure the wheel is perfectly parallel with the fork. That might mean the axle goes to the end of the grooves on the fork, it may mean that one side might have to be a little outward from the end of the groove. For example, the back wheel on one of my old project bikes needed to have one side tightened about 6mm away from the end of the groove for it to be true with the frame.
Hope that helps.

Why is it that they make adult bikes that'll generally work for 5'9" or above, yet when you pedal these same bikes they only work for someone who is 5'4" or so?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

07-13-2020, 03:40 PM
Last Post: Jesper

02-23-2013, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Chuck

10-13-2012, 10:06 PM
Last Post: RobAR