Bicycle TutorBicycle Tutor

Show off your bike!

Related video tutorials:
Preparing bikes for the summer
Hey all,

I run my early college high school's bike share program, and I'm worried about this summer. Despite the Dallas heat, we might have to leave the bikes locked outdoors until school is back in session. The bikes are $100 Wal-Mart single speed bikes, and some are rusted in various places. What can I do to make sure the bikes can survive the summer?
(04-28-2015, 10:07 PM)hamolton Wrote:  Hey all,

I run my early college high school's bike share program, and I'm worried about this summer. Despite the Dallas heat, we might have to leave the bikes locked outdoors until school is back in session. The bikes are $100 Wal-Mart single speed bikes, and some are rusted in various places. What can I do to make sure the bikes can survive the summer?

cover them with a tarp maybe? you could also WD40 the places were they are rusting.
"Where ever we go, there we are"
Whether bike owners perform the support and repairs themselves or head to their closest bike repair shop, its vital to get them fit as a fiddle before taking the first long ride of summer. After that, the main thing left to do is to wash and clean up the bike so it shines like new..