Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Think you can ride a bicycle?
Enjoy this video I would like to try it out myself
https://youtu.be/MFzDaBzBlL0
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
(05-20-2015, 09:53 PM)painkiller Wrote:  Enjoy this video I would like to try it out myself
https://youtu.be/MFzDaBzBlL0

I watched the clip and found it quite interesting. The fellow makes good points.
"Where ever we go, there we are"
I've seen that before. That guy makes some great videos.
Craig Domingue - East Texas Hick
(05-22-2015, 07:22 AM)cradom Wrote:  I've seen that before. That guy makes some great videos.
Yes he does Craig, I am gonna have to to build one for fun.
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
(05-22-2015, 06:14 PM)painkiller Wrote:  Yes he does Craig, I am gonna have to to build one for fun.

Be sure and let us know what hospital to send flowers to Smile
(05-22-2015, 08:33 PM)cradom Wrote:  
(05-22-2015, 06:14 PM)painkiller Wrote:  Yes he does Craig, I am gonna have to to build one for fun.

Be sure and let us know what hospital to send flowers to Smile
I figure that i would end up in the hospital due to a rogue policeman trying to bust me for DUI on a bicycle that cannot be ridden. I got pulled over one night around midnight. The cop shadowed me for about 5 blocks, never passed me. Then pulled me over to check me out. I asked what the problem was and all he said was i did not have lights and that I might be drinking a beer. I was running twin strobes and drinking a Monster lo-carb. It was total lame, minding my own business and buckling the country to its knees the way he acted. 54 yr old out after midnight drinking a monster. The only reason I even stopped was because I was test riding a new Giant road bike I had just assembled. If I was on one of my other bikes I would have popped a curb and disappeared in the woods. They are really getting out of control around here. There is no doubt in my mind if I was seen trying to ride the backward bike on a sidewalk here, there would be a confrontation with a cop looking for a collar.
Damn. Well every department has it's a**hole. Most of the ones around here are pretty decent.
Then again, I don't ride at night.
That is insane!LOL I can see where it would really be frustrating.
Nobody ever said "I wish I would have gotten less of a bike!"

Cervelo S5
Cannondale F29 1 alloy Lefty
Trek X-01 Crossbike
2017 Trek Farley 7
71 Ral Professional
72 Ral International
73 Ral Grand Sports
73 Ral Competition
74 Ral Super course
74 Ral Granprix
74 Paramount
2017 Trek Domane SLR 6

I am a daily commuter on bikes, but my wife is once in a weekender biker. I always forget that she does not have the same ability and spirit on bike as I am. Last weekend, when we were riding, just off the biking trail, we took a short route off the trail to the town, the terrain is a bit hilly,
Suddenly, I heard a crash noise behind. She was on the ground, luckily she didn’t hurt herself, when asking her what happened, she totally had no idea.
She didn’t even know she is too tired already to the point that she just lost control. As you said, bike touring is just not easy, unless you are well equipped both your body and your bike. Thanks for all your good advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post