Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon

Fitting my girlfriend on a mountain bike
I'm having trouble trying to adjust my mountain bike to my girlfriend's size since she is 5,1 and I am 5,7 inches what can I do to make it where she can ride it and it's a 24x1.95 in set of tires
southern pride
(06-08-2015, 02:27 PM)joseph wolf man Wrote:  I'm having trouble trying to adjust my mountain bike to my girlfriend's size since she is 5,1 and I am 5,7 inches what can I do to make it where she can ride it and it's a 24x1.95 in set of tires

If it has 24" inch tires, it should be small enough for her. Are you sure they are not 26" tires?

Are you able to lower the seat enough so she can pedal without overextending her legs? If not, there's really no way to fit it to her. If the issue is that the bars are too far away and stretch her out too much, you can swap to shorter stems to bring the bars closer.

Can you be more specific on the size of the bike and what problem you are having with her fitting on it?
It's a 24x1.95 set of tires on the mountain bike and I have the handlebars to the lowest level and I'm thinking about adjusting the shock on it and seeing if that helps any

It's my vertical pk-7 that is being adjusted to her size
southern pride
First thing is to see if the seat will go low enough that she can ride without her legs being over-extended. If that works, then you can adjust the bars to suit her riding preference. Lowering the bars will make her more down and forward. To make her more upright, you might need to get a shorter stem. If you're trying to lower the frame so the standover height is lower, that might be tough. I can't give much more advice than that since you're not clear on what you're trying to change to "fit" it to her.

Note that when I googled that model bike, a LOT of recall notices came up. You might want to check out if yours in one that was recalled. 

Possibly Related Threads...