Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Here Today, and Gone; yes Today!
Hello,
I'm on track for the shortest membership here!
Checked out this site, but either the search function is not very good or I'm searching for bicycling knowledge that is a bit esoteric, or the level of knowledge I need doesn't exist here. Also, just like other "bike" forum sites (so don't feel bad), there is a forum (s) for anything not relating to the cycling world. I had thought that there were plenty of automobile, pet, and/or tiddlywink lover sites available to suffice and absorb those topics not germane to cycling. The name of this site is "BIKERIDE". I wanted to find indepth information (but didn't) on Colnago Super, Asso, Carbitubo or Nuovo Mexico (nothing), Olmo, ALAN (the bike; not bolts and wrenches), Batavus, Basso (nothing), Berardi (nothing), Guerciotti (nothing), Koga-Miyata (nothing), Moser (nothing), Crescent (the bike; not wrenches), Qiuntana Roo, Tommasini (nothing), Tommaso (nothing), Lygie (nothing), Richard Sachs (nothing), Cilo (nothing), Legnano (nothing), Gudereit (nothing), Vicini (nothing), Ronchini (nothing), Rossin (nothing), Gizeta (nothing), Marchesini (nothing), Vetta (the bike, not saddles), Paletti (nothing), Patelli (nothing), Chiementin (nothing), Losa (nothing), Pegoretti (nothing), Pelizzoli (nothing), De Rosa (nothing), Gion (nothing), Pinarello, Ciocc (nothing), Hercules, Viner (nothing), Vitus, Payan (nothing), Colner (nothing), Cazenave (nothing), Ideale (nothing), Lyotard (nothing), Gian Robert (nothing), Assos (nothing), Sturmey-Archer "Dynohub", etc; very limited information and/or not found at all. All names of present and/or recent past manufacturers of bikes and bike gear. Interested note: you can't search for GT because 3 characters are needed, thus 3 letter brands are out; if you add "bike" or "frame" (eg. GT BIKE) to the search, you end up with scads of posts merely because "bike" and/or "frame" are written in the post! Great site for those it serves, but it didn't serve me very well. All those searches for literally nothing! Now there will be at least one reference for those manufacturers upon my posting this comment; I just feel sorry for the bloke who thinks they have found something useful. Just for fun I searched: cat, dog, and beer; all having multiple pages of threads/posts. I think a more apt name for this site after my experience with it is: "CATDOGBEERRIDE.COM". Enjoy, I'll leave quietly, delete my account (if possible!) and go work on my Goricke (that's bike not an animal or beverage) since I won't be able to learn about it here.

I doubt that this will get posted, but I try to bring truth, not opinions.
Ride Fast, Be Safe!
Howard
Hi Criminal,

I am sorry that you didn't find our website useful.

We however much appreciate your honest feedback and understand it. The good news is that we are working hard to resolve these issues and to improve the website.

For example, our main search function does not cover the forum, while we have another search function for the forum only. This means that you don't get all results, for example when you tried to search for certain brands. The search function is to be rebuilt, to include all search results and make it much clearer which part of the website the search results relate to. Then you will also be able to search for words with 2 characters.

The other main reason why you did not find enough information about those topics is that we simply don't have enough content on our website yet, to cover every bicycle topic. We do however have the most complete list of bicycle events available, and good amount of bicycle repair guides. We are adding new bicycle reviews daily, and working hard on growing this community to have more useful and interesting topics for our members. We're also working on new sections of the website, in order to offer even more useful information.

Thank you,
Kevin