Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Kids carbon balance bike $1000
Oh wow! Specialized just launched a carbon balance bike for kids. Would you spend $1000 on this?

Description: Hotwalk Carbon
Video: The Hotwalk Carbon
Autobahn
"The lightest, cutest bike ever made" hah, I don 't know why but it made me laugh a bit Big Grin
"Uphill, downhill, I like that"
Thanks for posting G_M! It makes me sick to my stomach. Personally I find it laughable and pathetic. I will remove all Specialized equipment from my inventory, bikes and parts; I want nothing to do with that type of company. Donating to my bike shop. I sent Specialized a message I hope they take to heart, but probably won't; it's all about $ not your kid's confidence or enjoyment. If you put a kid on a $50 ride they'll be smiling just as much; and probably have a cooler paint job than that mundane design. It was developed for profit not for children's needs. I would be curious as to how many Specialized employees would spend $1000 on that bike; something that will be useless to the kid in probably less than 2 years ( I figure more like 1), and will have no real resale value compared to its price; would you buy used at $500? I remember quite clearly my first bike, Christmas morning bright green and white, with training wheels. Once the snow was gone Dad bent up the training wheels making them useless; learned to ride quite quickly. Give me that bike over the "professional" balance bike any day. Hard to race your older brothers on what is essentially a draisienne. Specialized now reverting to antique designs; waiting with anticipation for their carbon pennyfarthing design.
Ride Fast, Be Safe!
Howard

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post