Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Got some tools in the mail today!
So today I picked up the DT-2. I have this stubborn rotor that is out of whack and I want to see if I can true it.

You can also see my new pliers in the photo there. I love new tools.
I have two (same model) that look like the smaller end of that. The thing it I use one of them for straightening out chain rings. By the way Jordan took your advice and got the CN-10 and WOW what a difference! Very nice!
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
(01-13-2010, 09:32 PM)Jordan300 Wrote:  I got a few things I ordered off amazon today.

building up a good set of tools. Now i just need a good shop to keep them in.

Got the headset remover, also got the bottom bracket cup wrench.
and just for the heck of it i got the magnetic bowl.

You could also make your own magnetic bowl. I did this:
took an automobile speaker magnet and glued it to the bottom of a plastic bowl. Wha-la! instant retaining bowl.
Quote:You could also make your own magnetic bowl. I did this:
took an automobile speaker magnet and glued it to the bottom of a plastic bowl. Wha-la! instant retaining bowl.

That's a neat idea, I shall keep my eye open for an old speaker.
I actually have a magnet on the bottom my parts cleaning pan because if there are any metal shavings or other similar debris I can determine if there is more of a problem then my eyes see normally. But really great idea.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Alright so after xmas is over I got tons of new tools. I haven't taken any photos yet but I'll post some of them later. I got the Park tool 4 screw driver set. I got a new Cone wrench set so I can retire my dads old set from the 80's. I also got the P handle hex key set. An awesome addition to my collection. Some more are the Park tool Digital calipers, the Hydraulic piston press, and the spare parts storage. I loaded up this xmas. My shop looks so awesome right now. I am going to make a portable tool kit to keep in my truck now that I am starting to acquire extras. I'll be able to stop and help people on the side of the road more often now.
Jordan. You FL dogs got it all... Beaches, Babes and Bicycle Tools. Smile Happy New Year!
Wheelies don't pop themselves. (from a QBP fortune cookie)
I also got the Torx Key. I almost forgot that one.
Ok, just FYI the cable cutters are also strong enough to cut spokes clean, with minimal effort.

Possibly Related Threads...