Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

2008 Fuji Touring Bike
My bike:

Remember it's mind over matter
if you don't mind it doesn't matter

Ride more drive less
Whoa, I like it. That thing is sweet! Do you commute?
(01-15-2010, 05:50 PM)Jordan300 Wrote:  Whoa, I like it. That thing is sweet! Do you commute?

Thanks Jordan I don't commute but ride as much as possible.

Ride more drive less
I really like Fuji, you've got your self a nice ride there.
Here is another picture of my bike.

Ride more drive less
Yeah that's a pretty sweet ride for sure!
(01-15-2010, 05:55 PM)Alex Ramon Wrote:  Yeah that's a pretty sweet ride for sure!

Here is one more for you to look at.

Ride more drive less
And a Brooks saddle to boot! I would love to ride that clear across the country, looks so comfy!
(01-15-2010, 06:00 PM)Alex Ramon Wrote:  And a Brooks saddle to boot! I would love to ride that clear across the country, looks so comfy!

I plan on touring this year and it will be my first tour(s).
I have the Brooks B-67 on there and I was one of the lucky one's because right out of the box the saddle fit like a glove and no pain what so ever.
I have also replace the rims with Mavic A-719 36 spoke and Ultrega hub and love the ride of the bike.
I get lot's of good comments about the bike.
And thanks for your kind comments.

Ride more drive less
Have a great tour, but make sure to pace yourself. I usually bite off more than I can chew and end up with sore knees lol.

Same thing happened with both mine and my girlfriend's Brooks, they fit so comfy right out of the box. I can't imagine it getting any better, so it'll be interesting to see how it breaks in.

Mavic rims are an excellent choice, those should last you a long time!
A nice looking bike, but what gearing have you got? I'm in the middle of changing mine as the gearing seems to be too high unless you spend over £1000. I'm still on the same leather saddle I had when I was 12 although it is getting a bit worn and am looking at a Brooks. Enjoy your riding.
(01-15-2010, 06:59 PM)Mrwitster Wrote:  A nice looking bike, but what gearing have you got? I'm in the middle of changing mine as the gearing seems to be too high unless you spend over £1000. I'm still on the same leather saddle I had when I was 12 although it is getting a bit worn and am looking at a Brooks. Enjoy your riding.

Right now I am running a stock Cassette SPRAM PG-950, 11-32T 9-speed

Ride more drive less
Hi ezdoesit,
I am planning to buy a Fuji touring that seems to match yours exactly. In my research, I found that there was an advisory from Fuji that you should check out.

Quote:Press & Reviews
Technical Advisory: Fuji Touring Bike

During a routine quality control check, Advanced Sports Inc.'s Product Services Department found that the original equipment (O.E.) wheels on 2008 & 2009 Fuji Touring bikes have aluminum dust covers that can loosen during riding. The dust cover could potentially become wedged between the hub and fork, causing undue resistance to the rotation of the wheel.

Models Affected:
2008 Fuji Touring
2009 Fuji Touring

Remedy:
If you have a 2008 or 2009 Fuji Touring, please contact your local authorized Fuji dealer for appropriate remedy.

Posted: 5/4/2009 3:57:27 PM by Fuji Administrator
http://www.fujibikes.com/News-Reviews/News/2009/May/Technical-Advisory--Fuji-Touring-Bike.aspx

I thought you should know so you can fix that up before your trip.
Dusty Trails
2000 Minelli Promenade Hybrid 21-spd
28-38-48T Shimano FC-TX71 crankset
11,13,15,18,21,24,28T Shimano Freewheel
mech. adv.:1.96-8.55
Shimano Tourney RD-TX-31 rear derailleur
Shimano Alivio RapidFire Plus SL-MC40 shifters
Best summer of home-work-home commuting : 2007; 4604 KM
(03-28-2010, 08:31 AM)Dusty Trails Wrote:  Hi ezdoesit,
I am planning to buy a Fuji touring that seems to match yours exactly. In my research, I found that there was an advisory from Fuji that you should check out.

Quote:Press & Reviews
Technical Advisory: Fuji Touring Bike

During a routine quality control check, Advanced Sports Inc.'s Product Services Department found that the original equipment (O.E.) wheels on 2008 & 2009 Fuji Touring bikes have aluminum dust covers that can loosen during riding. The dust cover could potentially become wedged between the hub and fork, causing undue resistance to the rotation of the wheel.

Models Affected:
2008 Fuji Touring
2009 Fuji Touring

Remedy:
If you have a 2008 or 2009 Fuji Touring, please contact your local authorized Fuji dealer for appropriate remedy.

Posted: 5/4/2009 3:57:27 PM by Fuji Administrator
http://www.fujibikes.com/News-Reviews/News/2009/May/Technical-Advisory--Fuji-Touring-Bike.aspx

I thought you should know so you can fix that up before your trip.

Hey thanks for the heads up but I took care of that already and replaced my rims with Mavic A719 36 hole and couldn't be happier with them.Also just replaced the chain and cassette went from a 11-32 to a 11-34 and it makes a big difference at least for me.
Enjoy the bike if you get one and do yourself a favor and update your rims.

Ride more drive less
Hey ez, I really like that color scheme. I have been thinking about painting one of my project bikes British Racing Green with gold lettering and tan leather seat. And will be buying a tan leather handlebar wrap to match the seat. I like it. Smile

Thanks for sharing.

Steve
Junkyard Tools rescued from the junkyard!
Nice bike as for an upgrade you might look into getting a new crank set with 44,32,22t and 11-34 cassette but your has the 11-32 cassette so that part of it should be fine. My Surly LHT came with a 48,36,26t and I did not like it very much so I put on a new crank set with 44,32,22t and left my rear cassette with 11-34t on it. It lets me go up just about any hill I have around here with out any problem at all. It would have been cheaper if I had built my own LHT but we live and learn lol. Here is a pic of the way it is right now I still want to change a few things yet I think by June I should have it set up right for me. And you bet it has a Brooks B17 Saddle on it too.
My dad always told me a Sledge a matic can fix any thing.
I have had my eye on the Fuji Touring bikes ever since I saw one at my local bicycle shop. I waited too long and someone bought it.Sad

I ride a entry level Fuji Hybrid for mostly commuting, but do take long day rides occasionally. How do you like your bike? How is it for driving around town?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

07-27-2012, 08:53 AM
Last Post: Bill

09-21-2010, 04:06 PM
Last Post: jinxy72