Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Nishki Linear 1987 "Lo-pro"
I had sold my Nishiki Linear a couple years ago, but I still enjoyed riding it. Although I have another lo-pro frame (Hopmans Granchio) I was fortunate to come across an exact same model Linear frameset, but the next size smaller which is better suited to me. Same Tange 2 tubing as previous; a little extra weight, but stiffer (a good thing on this bike) than the Tange 1. Per the serial number it is a US marketed frame ("W") made in 1987 ("G"), my previous frame was also a US marketed frame, but made in '86 for the '87 catalog year.
Not quite in as nice of a condition as my previous frame, and the only original part left was the Tange headset. Original group would have been 1st gen. Shimano 105 (1050; circa 1986/7).
I got it with a decent set of wheels (rear: Matrix rim, Shimano 105 hub, 13, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21, 24 cluster; front unbranded) and an incorrectly sized 26.4mm SR Laprade seatpost (needs 26.6mm). I might make it a single speed up front if I can find a 50t ring in my bin, otherwise a double (53-55/48) with a 1st gen. Dura-Ace FD (4 hole cage pre-'76), and a 7400 series Dura-Ace RD.
It will still be a bar end shifter on a bullhorn bar (would like an original like I had) with a 3t Mutant stem (probably black); black Look pedals. No idea yet as to brakes, or crankset. I may have a Turbo saddle somewhere which was its OE seat.
Most paints chips/scars can easily be touched up.

Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS
Here is the bike I sold. Hopefully, my "new" frame will will look fairly similar upon completion.

Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post