Bicycle TutorBicycle Tutor

Show off your bike!

Related video tutorials:
How to Adjust Your Front Derailleur How to Adjust Your Front Derailleur
* Now with 3D interactive instructions
Gear problems
when my front derailleur is on 3 and my rear derailleur is on 1 the gear doesn't engage and instead some of the chain comes on the front derailleur and the rest stays on front. derailleur gear 2. if i press harder it looks like the jockey wheel of the rear derailleur will come off, as the whole jockey wheel piece is extending to maximum, and a bit more of a harder push looks like it will tear it off. what do u think is the problem?

please help Smile
(01-20-2010, 09:42 PM)jaysonkandiah Wrote:  when my front derailleur is on 3 and my rear derailleur is on 1 the gear doesnt engage and instead someof the chain comes on the front derailleur and the rest stays on front. derailleur gear 2. if i press harder it looks like the jockey wheel of the rear derailleur will come off, as the whole jockey wheel piece is extending to maximum, and a bit more of a harder push looks like it will tear it off. what do u think is the problem.
please help Smile

Is your chain too short?
See this tutorial:-
http://bicycletutor.com/calculate-chain-length/
[font=Trebuchet MS]Ride hard or ride home alone![/font]
If I get you right you are saying your chain is on the small sprocket on back and the big sprocket on front. If this is right your derailleur she be at 6 pm if its not then your chain is to short. You will need to add a little more chain then it should be fine.
My dad always told me a Sledge a matic can fix any thing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gear Change Problems MARK170881 13 14,142 10-21-2015, 10:21 PM
Last Post: adolforst
  Gear Adjustment problems davepepper1 7 7,539 04-13-2013, 03:35 PM
Last Post: painkiller
  Schwinn woodlands gear problems Kathleen 1 3,290 09-25-2012, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Bill
  Identifying front gear shifter problems tobymarks 4 8,539 08-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Last Post: tobymarks
  Gear shift/derailleur problems gabrielgarcia 2 9,819 08-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Last Post: gabrielgarcia