Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

What is you favorite helmet and sunglasses
top to left is a Giro Encinal And Specialized halftime Adaptalite Sunglasses.
top to the right is Giro Pneumo and Specialized San Remo Adaptalite Sunglasses .
front left is A Specialized Decibel and Specialized El Toro Adaptalite sunglasses.
front right is a Giro Atmos And Specialized Cortina Adaptalite sunglasses
I have to admit, I'm not picky when it comes to helmets. I've had many Giro, and many Bell. I find that anything with over 20 vents is fine for me, since the retention systems are very similar, and fit is comparable between most helmets.

Sunglasses, since I mostly mountain bike, are usually el cheapos from wal-mart for me, since they get scratched, dinged, fallen on, and beat up so much, I can't justify spending big bucks on sunglasses.

Although I do have the Tifosi Tyrants for road riding/driving. http://www.performancebike.com/bikes/Product_10052_10551_1078050_-1_400025_400003_400117
Dedicated scholar of bicycles
I'd love to have nice sunglasses, but since I have to wear corrective lenses, sunglasses would be in the order of 250€...
helmet: Uvex, with lots of vents, can't remember the exact type.
My LBS sells a pack of three glasses for about £5-10, and I might get some at some point.

I have a Bell Venture Helmet (budget helmet). I had another one before and it worked very well, until the inevitable happened (I drifted my rear wheel into a tree stump on a trail covered in wet leaves, went straight over the bars, and my bike got rather upset and beat me round the head with it's rear wheel on the way down the bank. The helmet had a huge crack). Got another one because it worked so well. For a budget helmet it's really good and the ventilation isn't an issue.
Hmm, I have a Bell and I am looking at a different one that is rated higher in anti-skull cracking. Not too sure if I will part with the Bell though because I have not been able to find the same design and color.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
I use the Giro Stylus color is LimeGreen/White
Cost to much lol.
My dad always told me a Sledge a matic can fix any thing.
This is My New Set.
Giro Atmos And Specialized Halftime Adaptalite
[attachment=852]

I just have a Bell Adrenaline helmet. It protects my melon; you know, no big whoop.

As far as sunglasses go, I can't justify spending more than $15 on a pair. I lose them or break them so quickly the $60 shades would be a waste.
Nice, I just got the Giro Hex for my Birthday. I'm with you on glasses though, I break them and loose them so often I am constantly getting different pairs. I have recently been using a neat pair of racketball goggles I found.
I Got New Helmets Today .
Zuma Rudy Project Black.
Sterling Rudy Project Black And Yellow.
here are some pictures
I have a helmet from Giant and one from Specialized. Looking to get a solid silver one (when I find one I like) that will go with both bikes. Hybrid is blue/silver, road is red/black/silver. Sunglasses, magnetic prescription. They don't make sports sunglasses in bifocal styles without paying out the wazoo for them.
HCFR Cycling Team
Ride Safe...Ride Hard...Ride Daily
i got a pair of ESS ice googles at a market for cheap, their army issue, they dont fog up easy great for using on the bike with three different colour lenses, i love them.
i have a hard time with glasses, my eyelashes are so long they usually touch the lens, which seems to scrape dust off and deposit it into my eyes. my face is kinda crooked also, so i can never get them to fit right, so i just get cheapies from the dollar store. if i do find something that fits good, my son usually takes them, then they never fit right again, if i find them.
Get on your bad pedalscooter and ride!
Are you folks ready for a 'blast from the past'? I have long since retired these two but, keep them around for nostalgic reasons, I guess. Plus, they're just righteously cool!
[Image: P1060268.jpg]

These were a model called the Vapor and made by Troxel in the 90's. Limited Editions with graphics by Troy Lee. The helmet on the left was called "Alien" and mine is # 1196 of 5000. The one on the right was called "Soul" and is # 837 of 5000.

My current lids are Bontrager Quantums and a Solstace. Shades are Oakley M frames, baby! Tongue
Wheelies don't pop themselves. (from a QBP fortune cookie)
(01-25-2010, 09:34 AM)JonB Wrote:  I had another one before and it worked very well, until the inevitable happened (I drifted my rear wheel into a tree stump on a trail covered in wet leaves, went straight over the bars, and my bike got rather upset and beat me round the head with it's rear wheel on the way down the bank.

Oh Jon. I can visualize that! lol
Rob,

If nothing else, they would certainly see you coming in those helmets. But yeah, they are cool....
HCFR Cycling Team
Ride Safe...Ride Hard...Ride Daily
(03-04-2011, 08:38 PM)JohnV Wrote:  If nothing else, they would certainly see you coming in those helmets.
That's the whole idea, JV. If you guys can recognize my helmet from 500 yards, just... just.. I'm okay. I'm here. Get outta my way! Smile

Edit - I can hear "There's Rob" from a mile away! I can smell rural fire-stations.
Got the bell axon a week ago and got to admit I'm impressed for a budget helmet £23 or approximately $37. Was recommend by the LBS and they had helmet ranges from £19 to +£150. Loads of air vents, washable padding and detachable peak. Have never owned or used cycle glasses and recently have thought about getting a pair (sick of grit and midges getting in the eyes). Any recommendations, would probably prefer clear lens or very slight tint?
Are far as helmets I am retiring mine and going with a new one with MANY air vents. As far as glasses, hmm thinking about using my shop glasses lmao at least I know that they are impact resistant! Tongue
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Bell XLV in White as it is the only one that I could find that would fit.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B002LVMOY6/

My wife has a small Bell in matching color scheme.
Nigel

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

12-14-2022, 03:39 PM
Last Post: JoJoJo

11-25-2010, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Piedwagtail