Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Nice and CLEAN
Alex, I think your website is excellent!

And I'm sorry to say that I was a member of another 'bicycle forum' that shall remain un-named, Smile where they had numerous advertisers that had spy cookies. I'm thinking the web master wasn't aware.

It first came to my attention when my Firefox browser started acting up on me a while back and my Webroot security suite found 51 spy cookies located in my "documents and settings" folder. After sweeping the HD, I went back to the said website and my browser started acting up again. And again found 51 spy cookies on my HD. To date, I have never found any spy cookies show up on my HD after viewing THIS website, and I thank you for being a good web master for the rest of us.

I think things like spy cookies also hurt a website's search engine ranking.

Steve
Junkyard Tools rescued from the junkyard!
Thanks Steve, I really appreciate the kind words! I do my best to keep the code as clean as possible, although I think there may be a cookie that keeps you logged into the forums Smile
Another good reason I use Linux as my OS. But Alex you do have a great web site for sure.
My dad always told me a Sledge a matic can fix any thing.
(03-08-2010, 03:27 PM)Alex Ramon Wrote:  Thanks Steve, I really appreciate the kind words! I do my best to keep the code as clean as possible, although I think there may be a cookie that keeps you logged into the forums Smile

Yes, that one is not a "spy cookie" for advertisers. For the benefit of others, Spy cookies watch where people go around the Internet even when not logged in somewhere. Most are minimal risk, but the ones on the other website flat messed up how my browser sees websites. I can't have THAT! Smile

Thanks again,
Steve
Junkyard Tools rescued from the junkyard!
(10-18-2011, 07:19 AM)Aldono Wrote:  Hi, As i stated in my first post. One of my friends tell me about this site that great sharing about bike like discussions about how to maintain and repair your bicycle. And i see is really good...

Agreed, I like the appearance and the focus