Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Crank squeaks
I washed the bike today and now the crank squeaks. It's an FSA Gossamer triple and it has a tiny bit of play in it. I am thinking about pulling the crank and spindle and re-greasing. I have never removed a crank of this type. The crank came off easily from its splines. What tools do I need to go further. Alex's video is for the older square shaft, cotterless days. This is an integrated crank where the spindle is part of the spider. I don't even know if this spindle runs in plain or sealed bearings. Anyone familiar with this very popular crankset?
...j
(01-29-2010, 10:39 PM)j beede Wrote:  I washed the bike today and now the crank squeaks. It's an FSA Gossamer triple and it has a tiny bit of play in it. I am thinking about pulling the crank and spindle and re-greasing. I have never removed a crank of this type. The crank came off easily from its splines. What tools do I need to go further. Alex's video is for the older square shaft, cotterless days. This is an integrated crank where the spindle is part of the spider. I don't even know if this spindle runs in plain or sealed bearings. Anyone familiar with this very popular crankset?
...j

Im not too sure of much but here is the site with some instructions and yours is listed toward the bottom Smile

http://www.fullspeedahead.com/fly.aspx?layout=tech&taxid=74
Choose Road in the left drop down box and there is BB choice and a Crankset choice as well.
Cheers, Bill.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Thanks Bill. I pulled the crank and it is the drive side external bearing that is squeaking. I will head over to LBS tomorrow to see if the bearing can be replaced.
...j

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

07-19-2021, 12:00 AM
Last Post: rbx

08-24-2010, 04:46 AM
Last Post: trevgbb