Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Removal of Sealed Bearings from Headset
I know how to remove bearing races from headsets but would one remove a sealed bearing the same way with a bearing race remover? Now granted once they are removed I know they get replaced with new.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
If you are going to replace them I don't see what it could hurt. If you try it let us all know. I also know I saw this some place but for the life of me I can't remember where I saw it at. Sorry
Bill does any of this help:-
http://www.parktool.com/repair/readhowto.asp?id=68

or do you have something different?
Ride hard or ride home alone!
@Surly, this is something I was just wandering if I ever do run into one.

@cyclerUK, yeah this is what I was looking for thank you. Trying to indulge in all the information I can because looking to open up a small shop later this year. Not gonna be a get rich thing, lol, just something I can do to enjoy the thing I like doing most. Lot of learning yet but for minor stuff I am getting pretty confident. If it pays for itself then mission accomplished, if it don't well I tried nothing but a little of my time. Most folks around here simply go and buy Department store bicycles which tend to need tuned up all the time and really do not have the time or just do not want to fix them so that is where I'll come in.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Way to go Bill I wish you all the best of luck on your shop you want to open up. It's fun to help people out and get there bikes working good for them and if you can make a few $$$ then it makes it more fun to do the work for them. I know I have help lots of people around here get there bikes back on the road.To see a kids face smile is some time all you need for pay makes you feel good. I have learn a lot here from all here and Alex videos sure does help too. And my books.
My dad always told me a Sledge a matic can fix any thing.
Hey bill i like to b you employee lol.
(02-21-2010, 02:16 PM)tino Wrote:  Hey bill i like to b you employee lol.

Well first I gotta pay the only employee I have right now which is me lol Wink . If it turns into something really great this will be the first place I look Big Grin .
hi
my headset bearing is not working ,dont know the reason why? and what to do?
Help please

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

02-07-2022, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Jesper

08-30-2021, 03:46 AM
Last Post: Poissonj1

05-26-2015, 02:31 PM