Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

If I will paint my fork, will insurance still cover it?
Hello there.
I got my mountain bike Giant Anthem 2011. It has seen quiet a few rides and accumulated lots of scratches and some minimal dents. I got a friend who works at an LBS and acutally ownes the store. He said he could fix these dents and re-paint my fork (of course all factory paint will be lost) for free which is a deal that is very hard to pass.
Here is the question. I have a stand alone bicycle insurance policy from Velosurance and I wonder if after I do all the job for free with my friend and crash the bike later on, will they still cover me, because the pictures I uploaded when I got my policy will be different with my actual bike after my friend works on it. Anyone here with a similar experience?
I would call them and see what they say
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
As PK says, the only way you will know is to ask them. If they will cover it; I would request that they state so in writing.
Nigel
(02-18-2014, 12:07 AM)nfmisso Wrote:  As PK says, the only way you will know is to ask them. If they will cover it; I would request that they state so in writing.

Called them, they said they will but they will need a copy of the receipt with transcription of work that was done and a pic of newly painted frame. Thanks everyone

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

03-31-2010, 01:17 PM
Last Post: KC-Steve