Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon

BIke hanger for small spaces
how do you hang bikes indoor in small spaces?
other words, I need buying advice for any type of hanger for my fixie - from your experience?
have seen hooks, stands, wall hangers, ceiling hangers ... I simply can't leave it on the floor, perhaps vertically on the wall ... at least there's much more free space on the wall.
what is the best solution for my <130 square meter room? thanks
(07-16-2019, 07:27 PM)wwwalterrr Wrote:  how do you hang bikes indoor in small spaces?
other words, I need buying advice for any type of hanger for my fixie - from your experience?
have seen hooks, stands, wall hangers, ceiling hangers ... I simply can't leave it on the floor, perhaps vertically on the wall ... at least there's much more free space on the wall.

hi, how high is the ceiling in your room and do you have a specific budget for this?
(07-17-2019, 07:33 AM)Papa Dom Wrote:  
(07-16-2019, 07:27 PM)wwwalterrr Wrote:  how do you hang bikes indoor in small spaces?

hi, how high is the ceiling in your room and do you have a specific budget for this?

about the typical 8+ feet.
budget: would prefer staying under 50 if possible.
I personally like a lot this one by CB2 (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SX1SR6W), out of stock though. Perhaps you can find it somewhere else online. Was around 50 bucks if not mistaken, +/- hits the budget.
Autobahn
Usually bike hooks and wall mounts have to be heavily secured and bolted into the frame of the building, or equivalent.

As I rent, I got a 2 bike rack that leans against the wall - no damage to my rented unit, and should work anywhere in the future.
I have the "cycloc" (two of them...). Since houses here have proper walls, not wood and cardboard, it's easy to place them. The holes can be filled with gypsum when you move out, which is sold here for this exact purpose in a tooth paste like tub with a long nozzle.

Edit: blimey, 130 m^2? A single room? Bigger than my whole apartment...
(08-26-2019, 03:45 PM)Joe_W Wrote:  Edit: blimey, 130 m^2? A single room? Bigger than my whole apartment...

ahahah, that is my student's penthouse Big Grin
need that space to park all of my bikes and set up that new workshop! joke of course, it's square feet

@AndrewB I still have not figured out the situation with my bike and hangers ...
as I had imagined such "standing wall rack" solution before, I'm intrigued.
what brand or model you have?
nice to read this

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

10-31-2010, 04:57 PM
Last Post: mattyts