Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon

Cycling apps
Helllo.
What bicycle related mobile apps do you use?
Oruxmaps mostly... and there is a local bike route navigation app (RadHessen or something)
Of course Strava (to track trainings/workouts) and I'm considering also Komoot for bike touring routes (also hiking).
(08-02-2019, 03:07 AM)Joe_W Wrote:  Oruxmaps mostly... and there is a local bike route navigation app (RadHessen or something)

Never heard of Oruxmaps before
Autobahn
(08-02-2019, 07:00 PM)G_M Wrote:  
(08-02-2019, 03:07 AM)Joe_W Wrote:  Oruxmaps mostly... and there is a local bike route navigation app (RadHessen or something)

Never heard of Oruxmaps before

It is an openstreetmap (and others) program, doesn't navigate, but I usually don't need that anyway. I like how the interface works. Exports tracks as gpx (and others), can include DEMs. I tried Komoot, but prefer oruxmaps (they are similar, though)
Also using Strava -> to track my road rides although I'm not really into all the challenges and segments but just to have precise data of my training performance
Has anyone here tested or have experience with Wattson Blue app? i was told that it monitors your post workout recovery patterns and lets you keep track of stress levels so that you do not overdo it. The older I get and the more I work out eg cx/gravel and running, the more I should pay attention to this. I'm not a robot anymore.
Focus Mares AL 105
Take a look at Cyclemeter, especially if you are into stats. Their stats are better than any of the other apps, including Strava. And if you are a Strava fan, it will upload your ride to Strava when you complete the ride. The advantage that Cyclemeter has over the other cycling apps is that the data is kept locally (on the phone) as well as their website. This allows you to look at your rides and ride data at any time without the need to be connected to WiFi or cellular.

Since most of the decent cycling apps charge a monthly subscription in order to take full advantage of their features, Cyclemeter is only $9.95 a year.
HCFR Cycling Team
Ride Safe...Ride Hard...Ride Daily
(02-06-2020, 11:02 AM)JohnV Wrote:  Take a look at Cyclemeter, especially if you are into stats. Their stats are better than any of the other apps, including Strava. And if you are a Strava fan, it will upload your ride to Strava when you complete the ride. The advantage that Cyclemeter has over the other cycling apps is that the data is kept locally (on the phone) as well as their website. This allows you to look at your rides and ride data at any time without the need to be connected to WiFi or cellular.

Since most of the decent cycling apps charge a monthly subscription in order to take full advantage of their features, Cyclemeter is only $9.95 a year.

It's my first time hearing about Cyclemeter. Cool, I will have a closer look at it.

First comment/rating from Google play: "... phone malfunctioned and I lost all my rides and my paid Elite plan because the data was locally saved on that device ... " That must be frustrating.
Obviously, that user didn't know much about Cyclemeter or his phone. Your data is backed up to your cloud account so if you change phones or have to do a factory reset, All your data is downloaded to your phone again. Also, if you have an iPhone running the latest iOS, and Windows 10 (must have iCloud installed from Apple), you can plug your phone into your PC and just copy the database file to your PC and keep a copy there. You can copy it back to your phone anytime you need to and only lose rides since the last time you copied. The database file is also visible from within the Files App (on the iPhone) located in the Cyclemeter folder.
HCFR Cycling Team
Ride Safe...Ride Hard...Ride Daily
I use this one. Good for planning bike rides
https://ridewithgps.com/
I use Fitbit to track calories and exercise. Fitbit isn't very accurate as far as speed and miles go, so if I really want that data I use Strava.
Justin Schultz
2020 Scott Scale 970
2021 Felt Breed 30
I use Cyclope bike app. It allows, in addition to the classic functions of a cycle computer, to connect the cyclists in them. You can know the position of the other runners, have the time difference, communicate by voice like the professionals with their headset.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Illusion.Cyclope&hl=fr
https://www.cyclope.dev/
I started with Mapmyride.com and uploaded data from a Garmin edge 200. Then I discovered Strava, which is more of a social, interactive platform, that is good for separating eBike and push bike rides. I tried the phone, but it does not record and post temperatures to strava nor mapmyride.com.

But I do not post the files from my phone, I come home, attach my Lezyne Super GPS save the file to my desktop computer, then up load the file to both mapmyride and strava. I do not analyze the all the data, as I am not after every watt improvement for each ride, but I do want accurace info, and total miles I have ridden on each bicycle. Uploading from the GPS via desktop computer provides more info, than Strava posters get from their phone.

I have ridden Seattle to Portland event 5 times, and that was my reason for switching to Lezyne Super GPS, when I switched it had the longest battery life, other GPS units now have similar 22 hour batteries...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

09-30-2022, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Jesper