Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Core exercises for cyclists
Hi there, it's the offseason time.
Good moment to work on your core and overall balance|strength, so that you are ready for 2020 cycling action.
I am now compiling information about core training - videos, blogs, articles - and would like to hear your routine and exercises. Do you follow youtube videos? Or make your own training program? Or have assistance from professionals?

An example: 7 minute workouts, HIIT, plank exercises 1-2minutes and side planks

Thanks
"Carbon is faster"
I bought a basic program from the Tapp brothers. I particularly like the body weight eccentric workout.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVh1XDe2wtg&feature=youtu.be
Justin Schultz
2020 Scott Scale 970
2021 Felt Breed 30
(11-13-2019, 10:12 PM)J_R_Schultz Wrote:  I bought a basic program from the Tapp brothers. I particularly like the body weight eccentric workout.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVh1XDe2wtg&feature=youtu.be

Gosh, I missed your reply.
Thanks for the video, Justin! I will find time to take a closer look and try out their excercises.
"Carbon is faster"
Old thread. I will reply anyway. I alternate cardio days 10-25 miles on a bike with resistance exercise - weights and resistance bands. One rest day a week and one day of only stretching and yoga. I will also stretch and do a short yoga routine after a bike ride.
(09-27-2020, 08:32 PM)Evan J Green Wrote:  Old thread. I will reply anyway. I alternate cardio days 15-25 miles on a bike with resistance exercise - weights and resistance bands. One rest day a week and one day of only stretching and yoga. I will also stretch and do a short yoga routine after a bike ride.

I've tried doing yoga after a hard 20 mile ride and was falling flat on my face. I was the only guy and I think all the women thought I'd been drinking; my best position- the "death pose"!
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS
(10-29-2019, 07:09 PM)Nikko Wrote:  Hi there, it's the offseason time.
Good moment to work on your core and overall balance|strength, so that you are ready for 2020 cycling action.
I am now compiling information about core training - videos, blogs, articles - and would like to hear your routine and exercises. Do you follow youtube videos? Or make your own training program? Or have assistance from professionals?

An example: 7 minute workouts, HIIT, plank exercises 1-2minutes and side planks

Thanks

I usually will just do like a 8-15min core circuit right away whenever I go to the gym. 30 sec of crunches, 30 sec of medicine ball twists, and 1 min plank, 30 sec rest and repeat 3-4 times. But I change out those exercises depending on how feeling I.e heel touches or mountain climbers etc.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

05-18-2020, 05:20 PM
Last Post: walter