Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Thruster® Retrogade Giveaway coming soon: 5/7

Loose handlebars
my handlebars are loose, as in, they turn and the wheel doesn't

from what i've tried to figure out, i'm supposed to tighten this

http://i.imgur.com/2yVY2AD.jpg

but it seems like it's as tight as it can be. there's also a nut underneath it which i've tightened as much as i can, but neither seems to have helped.

am i supposed to be tightening something else?

i'm actually not even sure if the front wheel hasn't done a complete 360 at some point, and don't know how to tell

here's another picture:

http://i.imgur.com/6anmDhM.jpg

sorry for my naivety. oh, and i posted links, rather than the pictures directly, as they were big, and looked like they ruined the formatting

thank you for any help
Your front wheel is facing correctly open fender to front. As per tightening I see a bolt right under the handlebar I think that's what needs tightening. Check carefully where the bars are loose.
Never Give Up!!!
Does the shaft from the handle bars move when you turn the bars? And is there a lock or pull pin that may keep the front wheel from moving (wife has a scooter that the front wheel locks straight for transporting).
Have fun and just enjoy the ride
(02-16-2013, 08:14 AM)FredS Wrote:  Does the shaft from the handle bars move when you turn the bars? And is there a lock or pull pin that may keep the front wheel from moving (wife has a scooter that the front wheel locks straight for transporting).

Yeah the shaft turns also.

If there is a lock or pull pin, I can't find it.

(02-14-2013, 02:18 PM)GeorgeET Wrote:  Your front wheel is facing correctly open fender to front. As per tightening I see a bolt right under the handlebar I think that's what needs tightening. Check carefully where the bars are loose.

I tried tightening that, didn't make any difference.

Thank you for your help though.
Don't know were you are at, but you may want to take it to a LBS and have them look at it.
Have fun and just enjoy the ride
Hi Dominic;

Sorry very few, if any of us, are familiar with folding bikes. I believe that the issue you are having is specific to folding bikes.
Nigel

Possibly Related Threads...