Bicycle TutorBicycle Tutor

Show off your bike!

Related video tutorials:
I need help re-attaching my front brake!
Hi everyone!

So I just bought a bike today and in order to fit it in my car I had to take the front wheel off. I can get the wheel back on but I can't seem to re-attach the front breaks! I'm sure it's incredibly easy but I just don't seem to have the magic touch. I've attached a picture of how they are now.

Any help would be appreciated! I've googled the heck out of this but haven't found anything that helps.
You'll have to pull the bottom end of the curved part so it fits in the slotted hole (in the silver part on top of your left brake arm. Here's a video about adjusting v-brakes that demonstrates this:

http://bicycletutor.com/adjust-v-brakes/

Hope that helps!
I edited your photo to show where it goes...
Should end looking like this:-

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/LargeImage.aspx?ModelID=7048
[font=Trebuchet MS]Ride hard or ride home alone![/font]
i am having the same issue! i just bought my bike today and had to remove the front wheel. however, i try to squeeze the brakes together so that i can reattach and i can't seem to squeeze tight enough. i can't get it back together. what am i doing wrong? help!!!!
Check that the cable housing is seated properly in the brake lever on the handlebars.
You shouldn't have to but slacken the cable adjuster to give a bit of extra length.
If it came off and you have made no changes then it should go back on ???
[font=Trebuchet MS]Ride hard or ride home alone![/font]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Front Brake Line Coming out of its Mount a tub of adam 9 4,058 09-09-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: cny-man
  Yikes! What have I done to my front hydraulic brake? gb1ker 7 9,688 09-12-2013, 09:14 PM
Last Post: gb1ker
  Noise from front disk brake under pressure kwwmackenzie 5 6,786 06-20-2012, 11:48 AM
Last Post: kwwmackenzie
  Un-centered front brake causing crash? dave_sd 3 7,053 10-12-2010, 05:45 AM
Last Post: dave_sd
  Front-to-back brake bias SLMc37 2 5,748 08-25-2010, 07:38 PM
Last Post: webj2001